"Kansas City"
May 3rd through June 27th, 2019

EXHIBITION DATES: MAY 3 - JUNE 27, 2019

FIRST FRIDAY RECEPTION: FRIDAY, MAY 3, 2019, 6PM - 9PM 

Buttonwood Art Space is excited to partner with KC Parks & Recreation on this special exhibition featuring works of Kansas City and it's beautiful cityscapes!  Artworks may include paintings, photographs, 3D pieces and much more!  This show is open to all artists and mediums! 

While Plein Air KC is not taking place this year, we will still host an exhibition featuring the wonderful works artists create of our beautiful city and it's parks in May & June!  Plein Air artists are encouraged to get out and PAINT!  We hope to see several new works in this show!  

Each art purchase will benefit a park in Midtown Kansas City, with 40% of net sales benefiting KC Parks & Recreation and the remaining 60% going directly to artists!  

Kick off the spring season with First Friday at Buttonwood Art Space for your first pick of original Kansas City artworks!  

DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: APRIL 8, 2019 BEFORE 4PM (no exceptions) 

For a nominal $10 entry fee, artists will compete for over $1,000 in awards!  Best of Show, 1st Place, 2nd Place and 3rd Place.  ARTISTS, submit your artwork today!  May - June are great months for art sales, especially of Kansas City!  We hope you will create new artwork and submit your favorite pieces of Kansas City! 

KC Parks' mission is to improve the quality of life, health and wellness of our community by providing socially equitable, community-driven programming and environmentally sound natural resource management.  The department maintains 221 parks, 12,242 acres of parkland, 159 miles of trails and bikeways, 29 lakes, hundreds of athletic fields and tennis courts, 106 playgrounds, and five public golf courses.  However, artworks sold in this exhibition will directly benefit Midtown!